2015 FAST Summit & Gala
Science SummitBecky Burdine, Ph.D. ~Introduction/Therapeutics in Angelman Syndrome Ovid Therapeutics ~The use of Gaboxadol (OV101) in the treatment of Angelman Syndrome. Down stream therapeutics working at the neuronal synapse. Discussion of future clinical trials. Agilis Biotherapeutics ~ The use of gene therapy for the production of UBE3A in the treatment of Angelman Syndrome. Discussion of future clinical trials. Disruptive Nutrition ~ The use of Ketone Supplements for the nutritional management of Angelman Syndrome. Discussion of pre-clinical trial outcomes and future human clinical trials. Vivint ~ The use of a smart technology home security system to protect your loved ones. FAST FIRE Team The most aggressive, novel, innovative research initiative whose goal is to identify treatments for Angelman Syndrome.
- Edwin Weeber, Ph.D. – Behavioral differences seen in AS, new potential outcome measures in AS and synaptic function in the AS model.
- Scott Dindot, Ph.D. – AS drug screening, mechanisms regulating imprinting of UBE3A and new animal models of AS.
- Anne Anderson, MD – Seizure and behavioral phenotypes in the AS mice and how this information will be used in preclinical trials.
- David Segal, Ph.D. – Progress in designing epigenetic regulators for persistent UBE3A activation.
- Kevin Nash, Ph.D. – Protein replacement therapy using gene delivery.