FAST Announces The 2nd Annual Global Summit on Angelman Syndrome
The Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (“FAST”) is pleased to announce that the 2nd Annual Global Summit on Angelman Syndrome will take place on Saturday and Sunday, December 7-8, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. You will not want to miss this year’s excitement as we have more free seminars, more guest speakers and even more celebrity attendees! There will be two seminars on Saturday afternoon, December 7th, 2013, from 12:00 PM to 4:15 PM, one on challenging behaviors in Angelman Syndrome and one on sleep strategies for children with Angelman Syndrome. Dr. Chris Oliver, world expert on challenging behaviors in Angelman Syndrome, will host the seminar on behaviors and Dr. Keith Allen, Professor of Psychology and Pediatrics, will host the sleep seminar, both will have a parent Q&A session immediately following. To view videos of the Educational Seminar and Scientific Round Table hosted at the 2012 FAST Global Summit on Angelman Syndrome, please visit the FAST YouTube page. The Annual FAST Gala will take place Saturday evening, 6:00 PM to Midnight, in the Crystal Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Guest speakers this year include Dr. Edwin Weeber and Dr. Rebecca Burdine. Guest of Honor is Golden Globe winning actor and fellow parent, Colin Farrell. Additional celebrity attendees will be announced in the coming months! Entertainment will be provided by 7th Heaven Band with new lead singer Anthony Federov. Additional entertainment will be announced in the coming months. A Scientific Round Table panel will be held on Sunday, December 8th, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Speakers include renowned Angelman Syndrome experts, Dr. Edwin Weeber, Dr. Scott Dindot and Dr. David Segal. Additional speakers will be announced in the coming months. The Scientific Round Table discussion will be the most comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the current landscape of Angelman research. Immediately following the informative discussion, the scientists will answer any questions from audience members in a Q&A session. Important facts about the 2013 FAST Global Summit on Angelman Syndrome: 1. Date:
- Saturday – Sunday, December 7-8, 2013
- Hyatt Regency Chicago, 151 E Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601
- Saturday afternoon – 2 educational, Angelman-specific seminars
- Saturday night – Annual FAST Gala
- Sunday late morning-afternoon – Scientific Round Table
- To purchase Corporate Sponsorship, see latest gala event.
- Admission to all seminars will be free to the Angelman community.
- Tickets to the Gala are $150.00 per person. Tables of ten (10) and twelve (12) are available for purchase. FAST is releasing a limited supply of tickets at this time.
- The FAST room rate at the Hyatt Regency Chicago is $109.00 per night plus tax. This rate is available from 12/03/2013 to 12/09/2013. This rate is only valid if you book before November 15, 2013. You may book your room by clicking here.
- Absolutely NO children under the age of 21 will be permitted to attend the Gala or enter the Gala venue.
- Children are permitted and welcome to attend the seminars.
- Tickets and table purchases are non-refundable.